Fire Protection Designer
Reports to: Senior Design staff
Job Scope: The designer is responsible for fire sprinkler system design work on multiple projects according to all pertinent specifications, drawings, and codes. Completes permit drawings and hydraulic calculations for all types of buildings under construction, including residential, commercial, and industrial. Applies knowledge of system operations and follows planned blueprint instructions.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Print or obtain the appropriate and up-to-date plans.
2. Maintain constructive communication with Driven staff and clients.
3. Obtain all pertinent water flow data and properly size system.
4. Determine requirements for products, material, clarifications, or substitutions.
5. Design complete system and obtain approval from manager prior to submitting to the client or AHJ (Authority Having Jurisdiction.)
6. Maintain proper documents and updates and forward to appropriate personnel.
7. Maintain accurate and appropriate documentation on each project.
1. Good time management and organizational skills. Personal accountability is a must.
2. Strong communication skills.
3. The ability to make decisions independently.
4. Prior construction or AutoCAD experience or knowledge is preferred but not required.
5. Completion of AFSA and NICET Certification in design is encouraged and may be completed during employment.
6. Understanding of codes or willingness to learn.
7. Proficient with computers and programs, especially CAD and specialized add on programs.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Any level of education is acceptable. A strong desire to learn, grow, work hard, and improve oneself are the most important qualities.
- Candidates with the above qualities with any level of experience are encouraged to apply, although candidates who can show that they possess these qualities through past achievements will receive preferential consideration.
- Past achievements that show an eagerness to grow, learn, and contribute include but are not limited to: Bachelor's degree in engineering or high school diploma with related experience including drafting or construction experience, especially in MEP (mechanical, electrical, and plumbing) or fire sprinkler installation.
This position entails spending most of the time in the office with the occasional visit to a construction site. Some travel may be required to visit construction sites. Most days will entail working in the office and going home at night. The occasional visit to a construction site may expose the individual to adverse weather conditions and normal construction hazards. Personal safety equipment will be provided for any necessary site visits.
- Competitive salary starting at $40,000+ based on education and experience with potential for significant advancement.
- Health Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Group Term Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Education and Training Assistance
- Paid holidays
- Annual wage review
- Experienced designers may receive the flexibility to work remotely
To be considered for this position, please contact Jared Van Gammeren, Darin Syverson, or Robyn Kelderman at (605) 444-9290 or by emailing us at email@example.com
Driven Fire Consultants is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified individuals to apply.